Position: Facilities Director
Location/Dept.: The Salvation Army Kroc Center (SAKC), Philadelphia, PA
Schedule: Full Time
Reporting Relationship: General Manager
Salary: $70,000 –$78,000 Grade: 14 Status: Exempt
Are you seeking purpose and meaning in your day? Are you ready to take your leadership to the next level? If you want to use your experience to make a difference in the world, keep reading! We are seeking leaders who are motivated to bring positive and wholistic change to the City of Philadelphia. At The Salvation Army Kroc Center, we are more than a fitness center (with an amazing pool). We provide an amazing environment where everyone in the community can belong, grow, and thrive physically, mentally and spiritually. We are a passionate team, who love and support one another so you have the opportunity to grow and thrive here too! This is a unique time at the Kroc Center as we form a new senior leadership team under our General Manager (GM). You have an opportunity to use your experience and skills to contribute at a high level on day one. If that gets you out of bed in the morning, read more about our needs and expectations. We can’t wait to meet you! At the Kroc Center of Philadelphia, we are seeking a Building Director to join our team. This leadership position is essential to keeping our Center running. You will play a critical role in member engagement and retention, communication, developing plans, implementing of strategic goals, and maintaining community relationships. Under the direction of the General Manager, this position will oversee the Facilities department, which includes Facilities Cleaning, Property Maintenance, Food and Beverage Services and Safety / Security departments.
• Provide oversight of the Building Operations that provide support for activities directly related to programs and services offered to members and guests of the Kroc Center.
• With GM, review financial statements, outside vendor contracts, and other Building Ministry performance data to measure objective progress, offer recommendations in areas needing cost reduction and facility improvement.
• Assume supervision of a variety of Building Operations departments, as instructed by GM, and work with leaders of these departments to develop and implement staffing plans that provide for efficient and effective department operations.
• Work with GM to establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with the Kroc Administrator, and others, including staff members as appropriate, to improve outcomes and streamline operations.
• Make regular, proactive building walk-throughs and outdoor campus rounds that serve to detect, document, and assess environmental and physical facility problems and implement corrective actions.
• With GM, provide physical and/or resource support to environmental and/or facility mechanical services personnel to assure proper functioning of the physical plant, including but not limited to HVAC, aquatics, utilities, and environmental services.
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
Contact: Please send or fax your resume along with a cover letter with salary expectation to:
The Salvation Army Kroc Center, Human Resources Department
4200 Wissahickon Ave., Philadelphia, PA, 19129
Fax: (215) 558-1499
To apply for this position, go to: Facilities Director (icims.com)
No phone calls please.
Released by the Kroc Center Human Resources Department 8/7/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.