- To invest in the lives of children, teens and young adults, developing and maintaining relational ministry opportunities.
- To create affordable programming otherwise unavailable to disadvantaged and at-risk children, particularly in Christian education and the creative arts.
- To assist corps officers in all program and ministry related activities and responsibilities, including outreach.
- Make the most of every opportunity to minister, pray and present the gospel of Jesus Christ to those in your sphere of influence
- Community outreach and development.
- Participate in the development and implementation of innovative Christian education and creative arts programs for all ages.
- Lead/ teach/ participate in Corps programming (including Sunday).
- Identify community needs & new ministry ventures in order to evaluate current programs and to design new and relevant Corps programs.
- Develop and maintain programs and ministries to enhance the healthy spiritual, physical and emotional development of those under your influence.
- Reach out to the community to bring new families/members into the Corps.
- Develop and maintain contacts with children at local campuses and schools where such contact is permitted.
- Ensure appropriate integration of all weekly Corps and outreach programming into the congregation.
- To recruit, supervise and train volunteers to assist with corps programs as needed.
- Organize and maintain proper files and statistics on all program participants and volunteers.
- Divisional Summer Camp (which includes sign ups, transportation and follow up).
- Flexible assistance to the Corps Officers during the Christmas/ Kettle Season.
- Assists Corps Officers with other tasks and assignments as given by them as part of the corps ministry team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Valid New York Driver’s License
- Experience in the Arts (music), youth ministry and developing programming
- Commitment to evangelical Christian outreach
- Must be a uniformed Salvationist in good standing.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Office computer programs
- Knowledge of and commitment to The Salvation Army's mission and purpose
- Possess written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- At Least 6 months experience in Youth or Camp groups and the ability to teach and enthuse others.
- Meaningful experience in Teen and/or Sports Ministry Programs
- Willingness to be a part of the total ministry at The Salvation Army
- Available to work in a flexible schedule according to the programs in the cops.
- Must uphold biblical standards in personal and professional life, including fiscal support of the Corps ministry.
- Must conduct oneself in a manner which reflects credit on The Salvation Army, its leadership, and on the Lord Jesus.
- Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
- Preferably bilingual
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed