Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
· Generous time off every year that includes paid holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time, and sick time
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive Health Care Coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays, and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans, including Short Term Disability, AFLAC, and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government's Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior Care Manager will serve as regional case manager and supervisor of Pathway of Hope and Health Home Care Management in the Finger Lakes region. As Care Manager, SCM will carry a balanced caseload providing Pathway of Hope and HH Care Management to eligible families and individuals. As supervisor, the SCM will oversee the activities of agency Care Managers and/or Pathway of Hope case managers to assure the provision of high-quality, family-driven and youth guided service that is in accordance with the policies and regulations of the agency, the Health Home, and the NYS Department of Health.
SCM will conduct community outreach, attend appropriate local events and workgroups to network with community providers, coordinate supportive services and develop referral relationships with county/local agencies. SCM will be responsible to track activity, monitor data quality across multiple client data systems and produce reports/statistics as requested and required for program compliance. This position is community based with some office time required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Case Management Responsibilities: (HH and POH)
• Provide care management services for individuals/families with mixed acuity needs, including at least two CM services per month, with at least one of those conducted face to face.
• Document all case activity, including outreach, consent, plan of care development and assessment, client progress and transition arrangements for continuity of care.
• Administer appropriate assessments per program guidelines including CANS, URICA, HH and SSOM at regularly scheduled intervals.
• Develop a comprehensive, family-driven client-guided Plan of Health Care, identifying social determinants of health, concerning conditions to be addressed, desired effects of service and resources available to assist in meeting individual and family goals.
• Inventory and coordinate existing services relevant to the Plan of Care, identifying and securing additional services as appropriate.
• Convene and conduct quarterly meetings to review progress, update POCs, confirm continuing client eligibility and ensure continuity of care.
• Provide education to family or individual about concerning conditions and available services or resources to help family make informed decisions about their care.
• Assist families and individuals in the acquisition and maintenance of public benefits e.g., financial, educational, social, and community services (if appropriate).
• Responsible for caseload of approximately 15-20 kids.
• Participate in mandatory and optional training programs.
• Work efficiently and effectively to serve all families/individuals, based on the program requirements and regulations, including documentation standards and guidelines, managing each client data system appropriately for accurate data collection and reporting.
Supervisory/Senior CM Responsibilities:
• Provide guidance to direct reports focusing on outreach, enrollment, development of Plans of Care, and conduct of continuing care management activity.
• Evaluate, provide performance improvement and mentor the impact of care managers’ activity on the health care status of clients, utilizing QI data and observation.
• Responsible for actively pursuing referrals for the program. Initiate referrals for Care Management Program to ensure caseloads are at capacity.
• Review documentation by direct reports, confirm regulatory adequacy and timeliness.
• Ensure all direct reports complete and maintain mandatory training(s).
• Responsible for conducting supervision meetings with all direct reports.
• Marketing of the Care Management programs in the community – including networking opportunities such as collaborative workgroups, health fairs or community canvassing, etc. This may require non-traditional work hours on occasion.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with three years of relevant experience; Master’s Degree with one – two years of experience preferred; Relevant experience includes serving children and families in child welfare, developmental disabilities, behavioral health, primary health care, or social services.
• Experience coordinating, leading and participating in team settings.
• Work effectively and knowledgeably across a broad spectrum of cultural, ethnic, and racial communities; work competently with families and individuals from various backgrounds and experiences with professionalism; Ability to deliver family-driven, client-guided services.
• Ability to work in an effective and focused manner when self-directed and beyond immediate oversight, be highly organized and self-motivated.
• Solid writing and verbal communication.
• Requires computer proficiency including ability to learn new data systems and manage work across multiple systems; word processing skills; and the ability to provide culturally competent practice
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
• Must have regular and consistent access to a vehicle for home visits and outreach services
• Perform all duties associated with job responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS