- Provides and ensures a safe, clean and normalized home-like environment at all times. Informs Program Manager of Physical Plant needs.
- Promptly informs the Program Manager / Assistant Program Manager of any serious incident or violations of individuals and/or staff rights, per established policies.
- Development of A.D.L. (Activities of Daily Living) and ILS (Independent Living Skills) as it relates to the individuals
- Maintains and submits timely and accurate records and reports regarding the development status, progress and other related information concerning the individuals. This includes, but not limited to, daily goal data, monthly progress notes, summaries and other reports, as required.
- Implements treatment plans by providing training to resident in specific performances areas, including but not limited to activities of daily living, food planning and preparation (this include cooking of the meals), house and room maintenance, budgeting and money management, recreation and leisure time activities.
- With appropriate training and supervision, administer medication to individuals as assigned and in compliance with management, medical and nursing policies and procedures.
- Appropriately communicates to staff and supervisors, both verbally and in writing (i.e. incident reports, residence’s log book) pertinent individuals and/or program issues, ensuring the continuity of care and efficient operation of the residence. Read residence logbook daily.
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment meetings and regularly scheduled individual’s reviews, as required.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of each individual’s medical, psychological, cognitive and social needs and ensures that programming is appropriate to needs and treatment goals.
- Report immediately any observed/known deficiencies or own inability in providing habilitation services to individuals, as well as all types of abuse and other facility problems, including physical plant/safety issues to management.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean environment internally, and around the exterior of the facility periodically (this includes but is not limited to the cleaning of the room, bathroom, kitchen, bathroom, laundry, complete laundry, empty garbage).
- Assist in transporting of the individuals to and from programs, community inclusion activities, medical appointments, home visits and all other activities as needed.
- Completion of Staff Information Entry Form when Escorting the individuals on medical appointments.
- Provide habilitation services to each individual as prescribed in that individual’s service plans (CFA, Individual Service plan, Habilitation plan)
- Assist each individual, as needed, in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living, domestic living, recreation and socialization.
- Ensure assigned individuals’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet and assist with feeding as necessary.
- Organizes assists, supervises and, when necessary, prepares meals for the individuals.
- Assumes responsibility for agency and/or individual funds personally assigned for purposes of making the individuals or program purchases.
- Assist in escorting individuals on medical appointments as the needed.
- Attendance standards, as per assigned shifts, are at the discretion of Assistant Program Manager /Program Manager.
- Successfully participates in and passes medication certification course(s) and demonstrates continued proficiency in the administration of medication, per established policies.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Assistant Program Manager /Program Manager.
- Other duties as assigned”
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons and population served.
- The essential functions for the job include, but are not limited to, the duties in the job description.
- H.S. Diploma or GED required.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, capacity and willingness to learn to use computer systems demonstrates teamwork philosophy and professional conduct consistent with agency standards.
- AMAP Certification, SCIP R and CPR & First Aide preferred.
- A Valid Driver’s License is required (Must be able to drive large vehicle which consisted of wheelchair or 15 seated van).
- Has respect and consideration for the resident being served.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed