Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist in the development and direction of a program of activities for the participants of the Recovery Center. The assistant will work directly with the participants in the Drop in Recovery Center that promotes socialization, education, and wellness with the overall goal of preventing homelessness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• HS Diploma with three to five years of experience in a position related to low income, homelessness and/or recreation; an Associate’s degree is preferred.
• Work consists of moderately complex procedures and tasks where basic analytic ability is required
• Moderate supervision received, combining periods of autonomous work and supervised work
• Current and valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army’s insurance requirements.
• Capacity to perform all physical requirements of the position
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.